- Genesis 37-46 (Bible--Old Testament) Joseph who was sold into Egypt is my ultimate scriptural hero. I love his story so much! I know this is a lot of reading, but I find great strength in his example of obedience to God's laws no matter the cost.
- John 14: 26 & 27 (Bible--New Testament) Jesus' words of comfort and peace when He Himself was under great duress always bring joy to my heart. He also teaches us the role of the Holy Ghost as the Comforter and true Teacher.
- 2 Nephi 4: 17-35 (Book of Mormon pp. 63-64) Also called "Nephi's Psalm", this passage reflects one man's reliance on the Lord for his strength, protection, and happiness. One of my ultimate favorites!
Gospel of Jesus Christ
- John 3:5 (Bible--New Testament) Jesus explains unequivocally that we must be baptized by water and the Spirit to enter into God's kingdom. Straight-forward and simple.
- 2 Nephi 31: 5-12, 17-21 (Book of Mormon, pp. 113-114) Much like John 3:5, these scriptures plainly state what we must do to follow Jesus Christ--have faith, repent, be baptized, and keep God's commandments throughout our lives.
- Alma 7:11-16 (Book of Mormon pg. 225) Jesus will take upon Himself our sufferings. He invites us to be healed by repenting and being baptized.
- Isaiah 29: 4, 11-19 (Bible--Old Testament) A prophecy concerning the coming forth of a book of scripture through one who is not learned (the Prophet Joseph Smith, a young, uneducated farmboy)
- Ezekiel 37: 15-17 (Bible--Old Testament) The prophecy of the joining of the two "sticks" (writing tablets), one from the Jews and one from the house of Ephraim--the Bible and the Book of Mormon.
- Revelation 14: 6 & 7 (Bible--New Testament) An angel brings the everlasting gospel to the earth--the angel Moroni heralded the coming forth of the Book of Mormon, the keystone of God's latter-day work.